View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 16:54   #77
churchfcrules
Senior Member+

Re: Should cats be made illegal!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Fine, only dogs and cats are totally different animals so what is "responsible" ownership for one species doesn't apply to the other. Any responsible dog owner wouldn't take his dog out except on a lead. You couldn't possibly take a cat out on a lead and bag its "deposits" as it went along. A dog which was put out of the house and left to roam could quite easily get lost. You can put your cat out and be reasonably sure that a few hours later it'll return home. So, in other words, you've still not given us a definition of what responsible cat ownership is.

In fact, your arguments are so ridiculous that I reckon, as I said, this is a wind up within a wind up. Well done, you got me to bite!
not so, and what is ridiculous, i take my dog out, majority of the time he is off the lead, if i ever see other people or dogs, i put him on the lead, straight way, there are a lot of dog owners out there walking their dogs who don't put their animal back on the lead straight way, i find them irresponsible, however i am sure there are things i do with my dog they may find irresponsible, its objective, thats why i said i couldnt define it originally, you took this as a "cop out",

if i was to pitch my dog out, he wouldnt go far, and wouldnt get lost.
the reason i dont, is the nuisance he may cause other members of society, my animal, my responsibility.

a cat will leave its deposits in a tray, and will live quite happily indoors as others have attested to, there is no need for it to be "running wild" sort of a contradiction of domesticated if its not in the domicile.

so please explain why it has to be a wind up, or why its ridiculous

and again i have given you a brief definition, the equivalent of being a responsible dog owner,horse owner,goldfish owner yadayadayada, you just didnt accept my definition, which is why i declined the chance to define it initially
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote