View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 21:47   #356
mobertol
God Member

Re: Town Centre Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Sadly, along with many other places in the country, it is depressing to see the ever growing number of empty shops in Accrington.

However, it is heartening, after looking so down-at-heel for quite some while, to see two new businesses in the Victorian Arcade.

They look like they're really trying to make a go of it. Well stocked, eye-catching displays.

Together with the newish dressmaker's/alterations place in there, who also make an effort to make their window displays look attractive, it's made such a difference, when you walk through there now.

Would I want to set up a jewellery, and designer kid's shoe shop in there?

No, I wouldn't personally invest in those two types of businesses, but I sincerely wish them every success, and hope they're in there for the long-term.
Sad because its a beautiful "frame" for any small business -simialr arcades in Skipton or Southport are thriving. The Victorian architecture is there what is missing is a touch of class perhaps...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Arcade, Accrington.JPG (45.1 KB, 15 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote