Thread: Please Remember
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 15:05   #77
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Please Remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
i for one, had only recently started regular postings, usually regarding a couple of my hobbies, in the hope of finding like minded people, i like to think i did

i was encouraged by other members, to post elsewhere on the site, so i did

on my first post out of my "comfort zone" and the very first response i got was name calling, that was then "jumped on" by another regular.
the point i raised was not addressed once, but many joined in with the ridicule of "the junior member",

some of the name calling is still there for all to see, although i have pm'd mods,more than once, as requested, but as of yet have not received a reply.
And to think all this started a week ago over a knob. Beats the war of Jenkin's Ear into a cocked hat (if you don't mind the metaphor).

Wonder if it will go on as long?

The War of Jenkins' Ear was a conflict between Great Britain and Spain that lasted from 1739 to 1748, with major operations largely ended by 1742. Its unusual name, coined by Thomas Carlyle in 1858, refers to an ear severed from Robert Jenkins, captain of a British merchant ship. The severed ear was subsequently exhibited before Parliament. The tale of the ear's separation from Jenkins, following the boarding of his vessel by Spanish coast guards in 1731, provided the impetus to war against the Spanish Empire.