View Single Post
Old 13-09-2012, 14:00   #2329
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No Dianne.......I don't drive him mad with taking pictures.......I leave him at home.
I get giddy with delight when I visit somewhere new........I sometimes forget to eat, so wrapped up am I in the pursuit of a 'good frame'....a different angle.

What does drive him mad is when I secrete myself in the back bedroom looking through the pics...playing with them, editing them, posting them.

This activity costs practically nothing, and gives me hours of pleasure.......I don't know how he would react if I took up Bingo, or carousing in the local ale houses.
Richard is always very patient when I am taking photos - hence I have lots of pictures of him leaning against things! And he has his own camera... we tend to look at each other's pictures after a holiday but that's it.

What I do find is that sometimes I wish I didn't have the camera as it can get in the way of actually enjoying a place - but I keep taking pictures! But they are always secondary to my exploration, usually just snapshots, not considered pictures.

Another thing I've found is, especially when we went to Italy in 2009, is that sometimes you can do too much research on the internet. We went to several places and I felt as though I'd been there already as I'd read so much about them. So now I try not to delve too deeply before I go so there is some aspect of discovery when I get there.