View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 13:11   #12
pendy
Resting in peace

Re: christmas!!!!!!!!!

Not bought any pressies yet. Sent one lot of cards, but not those that need letters to go with them. Am working full time, and out about 4 nights a week currently. When not out, get home, cook, eat, fall asleep.

Leaving work on 23rd. Hopefully at around lunchtime. Then train via Leeds to Ossy. Will stop in Accrington, do Asda. Get back to Ossy probably around 8p.m. Have a much needed g'n't, cook, eat, try to clean up the place - those of you who have seen it will know what I mean! - builders dust & rubble everywhere, not to mention the aftermath of two floods. Christmas Eve morning, collect goose and turkey thing, do last minute shopping, forget vital items, have to go out again (and again). Christmas Day - cook Christmas lunch for minimum of 6 (oh, forgot on Christmas Eve may have to collect house guest from station). Eat, drink, THEN GO TO SLEEP!

There's also the small fact that getting pressies etc is difficult (although I am five minutes walk from Oxford Street) in that I get into the office at 9:30, and don't usually leave until well after 6, sometimes nearer 7. Lunch hour? - forget it!

HELP!
(but I love Christmas really).
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote