View Single Post
Old 20-09-2012, 14:26   #8
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Tradesmen (sorry if in wrong section)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Thanks for reply Susie...Although the third point surprised me, my Father has always emphasised to never ever ever trust any worker if you meet them in a pub!Lol not saying you're wrong, he's just as likely to be (well I didn't meet any of the above in the pub did I).
Neighbours I couldn't use in this case :/ the reason I am moving is partially to do with the neighbours. I live next door to a prostitute who is fine 50% of the time. When sober. When she isn't, she's abusive and volatile. The area is mostly rented.
Word of mouth is a good thing usually. I think I have just been very unlucky. One thing the second guy (the one who made a mess of things) did was to switch all the electricity off without telling me he was going to, first. I was working on the PC and lost my letter, also he took the lightbulb out in the kitchen and left it propped against the work surface. As soon as I returned from work that night, I walked straight into it and it broke. Schoolboy error but still adds to my bad experiences-I've just had to go to Wickes to buy another bulb and they're not cheap.
Just unlucky I think I've been this time :/
Oh great turning the leccy off and then leaving a light bulb rolling round in the dark for you to discover the hard way! Better luck next time.

One reason we do well in pubs is that my other half is very good at talking to people like that and getting to know them for a few weeks and storing them away for future reference - in his head I mean! helps that we usually have regular pubs we go to and see the same faces week after week.

And we've been lucky to have good neighbours!