View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 11:42   #18
AsFc62

Re: Afc wimbledon away travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Again, speaking as an outsider, there seem to have been rumours in the past about behaviour on the coach that has given cause for concern. If that is true, maybe that has put some people off.

No criticism is intended or implied in what I have just written. I am just as keen as everyong else to get better support for this great team.
No offence taken. However, I will go out of my way to defend the behaviour of all that travel. I run a very tight ship, those that go week in week out know exactly what they are getting. Anyone steps out of line, they dont travel again.

Everybody knows each other, to me there's nothing better than getting on the coach early Saturday morning and seeing the same faces looking down the aisles. The mix of characters & ages ranges tremendously, the same dedicated fans book on pretty much every away game.The majority are so diverse, the only thing they have in common is ACCRINGTON STANLEY. That will suffice.

However, getting new faces involved has always and will always be the problem. I use every method available to reach people.Personal Contact, Official Website, Accy Observer, Lancs Telegraph, Facebook, Twitter. Everything is in place.

I run the coach on very simple basis. I have discussed and received prices for every away trip for the full season before the season kicked off. My target number of away supporters each trip is 35 people. The cost of the coach is then divided by that number (35). I offer that as the cost to you folks.

I dont feel the need to apologise, but I do first and foremost as a Friend and I hate failing!