View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 19:36   #17
kestrelx
Senior Member+

re: Does it pay to work? - Workfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
Ive recently been out of work for a few months now, and have been looking for any job.Anyway the jobcentre suggested a work placement for me, which i attended the interview today and he said i can start on monday.However its a months trial which means i do a months work for nothing, but still having to find my own travel, dinner expenses etc, and theres still no guarantee of a job at the end of it.I just feel like some employers can just try and exploit people to their own advantage which is not fair.I have no problem with work trials, its just i feel a month is to excessive working for nothing, if i factor in the hours i will be doing to what i get paid on jobseekers it works out at £2.29 an hour, what do you all think.
It's a con basically. How are you expected to pay your own travel? Also you eat more when working so you got to buy more food.

Aren't these workplacements just a fiddle to get free work out of people? The thing is they know they got you buy the short and curlies that's why they get away with it.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote