View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 22:14   #171
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
When I woke up this morning, I felt mildly sick after that program.

Fact is Mr Savile is clearly heard supporting Gary Glitter, now that is dodgy for a start, he's basically saying that Glitter didn't do anything wrong other than get caught.

Statements or stories have been told to Newsnight while Mr Savile was still alive and they chose to ignore these claims.

Also there are more women coming forward since that program was shown.

Fact is he was in the TV, Radio business he was exposed to the celebrity of it all, main guy on Top of the Pops! Yet if you believe the official story he never got married or involved with woman in a formal way. i.e. got married or had long term relationships with girls or women so that makes one wonder...
Tell you what I noticed from the off that all references to him were as 'Savile'....if this had been a positive program it would have been 'Jim' or 'Sir Jim'...score one for the marketing psychologists of ITV.

There are claims made by chancers/ people with mental issues on a daily basis against 'the famous'.

You can take any soundbite, written comment etc.. out of context and apply it accordingly.

As for more people coming forward...Russell Brand, Jonathon Ross phone call to Andrew Sachs...on the night 5 complaints....reported the next day in the press...500 complaints...one week later 5000 complaints...go figure

Lets take this further...his peers must have known....so guilty by collusion..Noel Edmonds, DLT, Ed Stewart, Tony Blackburn and one of his critics Paul Gambcini etc..etc..etc..

And if we are talking about great British eccentrics who hide behind celebrity..Cliff Richard.. apart from a couple of short term flings with Una Stubbs, Sue Barker and Olivia Newton John, never married, low profile (except at xmas), he's a god botherer, almost everyone dislikes him/takes the pee out of him..but he's revered by the media and pretty much untouchable.

I was particularly sickened by Ester Rantzen doing a Richard Attenborough impression at the end, with her crocodile tears and cliches.

I'm devils advocating here because my head says he did these things, and I'm genuinely sad because although I thought he was a nutjob, I also thought he was a good guy

Last edited by Guinness; 04-10-2012 at 22:21.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote