Thread: April Jones
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 21:34   #39
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: April Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps View Post
I know they probably can't for legal purposes but I wish they would elaborate on 'sufficient evidence', though I guess that would be unfair on her family to have it pubic knowledge yet. I do struggle with comprehending the justice system and their ablities to charge without solid evidence, although I guess if it were my child I would most likely see it from a completely different perspective.
The CPS will have instructed them that they have a reasonable case to bring to trial. Giving out the evidence will be prejudicial to his defence. Using the comments in this thread alone, it's already going to be difficult enough to find a jury that aren't armed with a prejudice to string him up. To disclose details now would make it very easy for his defence to argue that the jury cannot reasonably judge on evidence alone without being prejudiced by media reports. Which would mean that the case would be prolonged unnecessarily.

In the long run it's better for the family that we don't know, because the trial will be held so much quicker.