View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 14:09   #1
Sunflower49

Companies that don't answer the 'phone,ever

I had a card through the door from 'UKMail', and I called them, was on hold for 35 minutes, the guy who answered was a bit dim and didn't understand what on earth I was talking about, nor understand English (he struggled with the phonetic alphabet and my name).
I eventually got it out of him that my item had been returned to the dispatcher. I asked whom this was, he had no idea. He also said that nothing had been sent to my address for at least 3 weeks and this is why it had been returned-that is totally not true, I knew this at the time as I do a lot of ordering items online and was living alone (I've moved house just last week) so it's almost impossible for me to miss a card, I look out for them meticulously.

I since confirmed, just by chance a friend of mine contacted me and said it was he who had sent me a gift, via Amazon. I spoke to Amazon who said I would need to get a tracker number from UKMail, otherwise they cannot help.

I have now been on hold for almost 50 minutes. Best part of an hour-to UKMail. I suspect they have a 'phone in a corner of a factory that nobody ever bothers to answer, or something like that.
Anybody else had any troubles with them? I know they're fibbing about the length of time the card had been there-It was a couple of days at the most-that's whats annoyed me more than anything. I think I am going to put the 'phone down and write to them. Incompetence angers me!