Thread: Elbow Holes.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10   #13
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Elbow Holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Have this zip up cardigan which I quite like. It is wool and bought from Next. Really like it ... but, horror of horrors, has developed holes in the elbows (thought was outdated feature). Must be spending too much time at the computer.

As I now have not got a good supply of matching wool and a darning mushroom or indeed darning needle, where would I now get the leather patches ?

Don't shake your head, they are quite modern .. have a cardigan now which came with this embellishment.
Yes it's a shame when a favourite piece of clothing that you feel comfortable with starts to show a little wear and tear, we do try to prevent the inevitable for as long as possible but one day we just have to harden our hearts and throw them out.
I have a special pair of off-white briefs that I find difficult to part with, the elastic has gone forcing me to resort to safety pins, holes are appearing in the most inappropriate places, sometimes trapping once vital organs and restricting the blood supply and indeed in one area for some reason what appears to be a leather patch has formed itself on them.
But what the hey, how can I throw out something that has given good service on almost a daily basis for the last 30 years?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote