Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Is workfare a joke/slave labour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
I know someone on the workfare at the moment, he has been working full time in a charity shop. They also have someone there who is on community service. If there are two full time jobs available then why not pay them a wage? The job centre still haven`t compensated him for his train fare of 20 pound a week to get there either. So he is actually giving them money to work full time for below minimum wage
Its a charity shop so I doubt they will be swimming in money. Many of the staff in charity shops are volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
folk have been brainwashed by the 'government', 'media' into believing that those on welfare are "scum" so that they forget the real criminals who have put folk in this position.Even being self employed and attending A4E you get sanction threats of your housing benefit and working tax credits if you fail to attend an interview! I'm sick of the threats!

GOOD JOB I DON'T LIVE IN FEAR
I don't think everyone on welfare are scum. I think there are nice and not so nice people in all walks of life.

The threats are probably there for those who you think are scum. If you don't tar yourself with that brush the threats will be meaningless because you will attend the interviews when required.