View Single Post
Old 20-10-2012, 21:13   #34
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford United Thread

Yonmon is right,his pie looked crap !, but £22 to get in and £2.10 for a novelist was a close second.The team travelled down on the morning of the game and its looked like they were still on the coach for the first halve an hour.
We started with our 4-2-3-1 and they went 4-4-2, but it looked like 4-2-4 at times!.
They did there homework on us,and from the off attacked us down the flanks were they were just too pacy for us,indeed both fullbacks were booked and subbed.
There front two played really well,with constables challenging and craddock dropping just off caused all kinds of problems.
IMHO we should look a little deeper,we have two holding players in front of the back four,so there's no excuse for gaps appearing like they did.
The fullbacks got no protection from the Bolton and Watford loanees,only rommy busted a gut to get with podge(who was just isolated).
The way we make the pitch big now,makes it very hard to press the ball,which was one of our strengths.
I mentioned last week about our lack of pace and to me it stands out a mile.
We need to get back to basics,close down the opposion and get amongst them instead of them doing it to us.
We do ok when we have the ball,but are a shambles when we don't, and that really needs addressing,it was once again a game were they had 16 shots with 15 on target,that tells me there just is not enough pressure on the man in possession,as he's got time to tee off.
Rant over
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote