View Single Post
Old 21-10-2012, 18:25   #11
Eric
God Member

Re: John Terry fined and banned.

I actually followed all this in your media. The case was mentioned in the Canadian press ... and the smoke signals from the local rez ... after the captain of the Canadian women's team, Christine Sinclair (and all you guys have to admit that the Canadian girls did great at the Olympics) was given a four match ban by FIFA for stating, quite calmly and without expletives, that the ref in that bs game with the yanks had made up her mind before the game about who was going to win. Those of you who saw the game would probably agree with Sinclair. They pointed out that Terry had received the same ban from the FA for a racial slur. Sheesh. Anyway, now that Terry has been "punished", and Cole fined for telling the truth about the FA, it started me thinking about what would have happened in the NHL. (I hope Jaysay gets to read this; he actually thinks hockey is a violent game). Imagine what would have happened if someone had called this guy what Terry is accused of calling Ferdinand.

George Laraque would have known how to respond to a racial slur. That's how stuff like this should be settled. Soccer players are pampered wimps. I'm fortunate to be able to remember when soccer players behaved like men, and not like spoiled, over-paid brats.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote