View Single Post
Old 23-10-2012, 15:22   #2805
Gremlin
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just for you Gremlin I've finished sorting through our holiday happy snaps from September & here are some examples of non scenery.

Alvis Saladin, Southport air show weekend - Centurion Tank by Leyland (roundabout Flensburg way/Penwortham way) - Stanley team coach at Chesterfield (note mad woman who snuck into the picture ) - Rotterdam Harbour, Tanker NS Concept - Fleetwood, Survival school & RNLI boat - Masham, Theakstons Brewery (again, note the mad woman with her carry out )
Thanks for the photos D I G, apart from the Theakstons Brewery and the team coach I have been to and seen the other places. We stayed at the British legion Hotel in Southport, right on the promenade the week of the Air Show. Only last week I passed the tank at Leyland but it is back in the 80's when I last sailed unto Rotterdam.

I did drive the coach once or twice for Batty Holt tours when they had the contract for both Burnley and Blackburn Football teams.
I got the sack for walking into the dressing room at Manchester United when Burnley were well down at half time, I asked Jimmy Adamson if I could have a pot of tea just as he was giving the team a rollocking.
Adam Blacklaw was the goal keeper at the time.

I have never been to a football match in my life apart from the few times I drove the coach.
Last year I met a man who had restored the old coach and had it repainted in his own livery, he had removed the Ribbledale Batty Holt panel from the side and let me have it.
That is my photo for today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (5.6 KB, 8 views)