Thread: Ossy wind farm
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2012, 23:25   #6
Lucysgirl

Re: Ossy wind farm

I live in Baxenden and the reception has been getting steadily worse but it's not just the BBC channels either. I live on an extremely windy corner and thought the aerial needed tweaking but my local aerial technician intimated that its the wind farm which is affecting the reception in Baxenden and he also feels it's got worse as the year progressed.

According to the BBC website the developers and local council are responsible for sorting out the problem.

<<Terrestrial television transmissions for reception within the UK are the joint responsibility of the BBC and Ofcom. The transmission network is provided and operated on behalf of the broadcasters by Arqiva.
Where a new development such as a wind farm causes reception problems, we look to the develop to rectify these. Planning authorities sometimes require a legally binding commitment, under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or Section 75 of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997, in order to enforce this at the outset.
The BBC and Ofcom have produced a technical document, aimed at town planners and developers, entitled 'Tall structures and their impact on broadcast and other wireless services'. See the link in the right-hand column.
If a development causes reception problems, there may be straightforward solutions such as improving the receiving aerials or providing the affected households with an alternative source of suitable television signals. These could be analogue or digital, and could come from a different transmitter, from an existing cable system, or in certain circumstances from a satellite.>>

BBC - Help receiving TV and radio - Wind farms and interference to TV reception
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote