View Single Post
Old 30-10-2012, 00:47   #17
Sunflower49

Re: ideas for leftover mash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
Make potatoe cakes with it you just need flour .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok ... lots of ingredients to taste ... but, how much flour do you add? You don't have to be exact.
And why do I have to roll it into my balls I can't see how that would improve the taste
Lol I went into more detail than Marl
Sorry, I just tend to cook by trial and error, I love cooking.
Balls are just because I like balls (not really, just makes it easier to flatten them into neat shapes rather than raggy ones (stops them burning so much as well, but I reckon you know that )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Just throw it away. Disgusting stuff!
Going to all that trouble to use up a bit of second hand mash? Crazy.
I get really mad if I waste food!Or anything, for that matter-if I've the teeniest bit of leftovers I try to use it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I suppose you could use salmon, or tuna.

Gordon....I was taught to use up leftovers(there is too much food wasted today because people do not know what to do with it, to make it usable)...and done in the right way you would not know they were leftovers........and anyway, it isn't second hand mash....it's leftovers.
^^Yes this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is only dangerous if it hasn't been kept in the right conditions.(and if it isn't cooked at a high enough temperature)
And maybe there is a reason why there was leftovers...maybe someone who should have been dining didn't.

When deciding if food is not suitable for consumption, you look at it, smell it, and give some to you other half...if he survives then it should be oK to eat.

Gordon...way back when...there were no fridges or freezers....we regularly ate stuff that had been sat on the cellar head for days......we cut the green off the cheese.......did we come to any harm?
I can't speak for you...but I certainly didn't.
I totally agree-if it smells okay it should be okay to eat.I even use food that's past its best before date, I can't stand being fussy about things like that, I'm grateful that I have the choice when it comes down to it.