Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54   #2098
Lucysgirl

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh Lucy but the point is - he didn't pay a mortgage on it, nor did his wife - apparently it's a property that comes with his wifes title.
It will come as a surprise to some but I don't envy them. By an accident of birth they live their lives and I live out the remainder of my working class life in a 200 year old end terrace cottage, which (in my circumstances) costs a fortune to maintain, but I don't envy their position at all.

If there is blame to apportion, I apportion it to the State in general for the downward slide in our fortunes and the uneven playing field we now find ourselves. As well as there are far too many free loaders being drawn to live in this country there are others who have been inculcated into thinking that the State owes them a living and we have to stamp it out. There are also others who are trapped in lives they'd rather not be living in. If you watched the TV documentary series you will know that IDS and representatives of other political parties actually lived in the homes of extremely hard up families who received various benefits. All found that their hosts had little idea that other help was available (hence the amendment of application documentation) and all came to realise that many who wanted to re-educate or work were hindered by the then current regulations.

We can't lump all people together and now every Benefits authority has to pull up their socks and stop ignoring tenants who sublet state housing. It's a disgrace that it take years (for example) to discover French nationals coming over here to collect many types of benefits, who after collection then travels back to France to live a life of luxury in homes they own!
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote