dawnrodd

Re: In loving memory of my Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Thats a lovely tribute to your grandma
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Dawnrodd, you have brought tears to my eyes through thinking of the great love of my life, mi gram.
Hi Bob, thank you and it is okay to cry, I do it often ... tears of joy and sorry are what make the heart strong and keep the memories of loved ones dear to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl View Post
What a lovely photo and nice tribute to your gran...My dear mum would have celebrated her 90th birthday today.People leave us and we too will depart this life someday but to the people we leave behind we all leave memories.
Thanks Marl for the lovely comments. Indeed, your words are true, may you enjoy the happy memories of your mum, especially today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Dawn, I have lived in Clayton for 46 years....and though I did not know your Gran....I must have seen her out and about, but not perhaps who she was.
Your picture and tribute is lovely......the thing is while she isn't here any more...you carry her with you..or at least the essence of her, in memory.
Hi Margaret, I am sure you would have seen little Gladys walking about, she was always out and about with her walking stick and turban on her head Thank you for the kind comments about the picture and tribute and like you say gran is still here with me in fond memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Very touching Dawn and lovely photos to remember a special person by.

The following poem is short and simple and is perhaps apt since today is Remembrance Sunday:
“Forever nameless
Forever unknown
Forever unconceived
Forever unrepresented
yet forever felt in the soul.”
DHLawrence Belief
Hi Dianne,

Thank you for the lovely words and poem, indeed very apt for the day. If you don't mind, I would please like to use the words of the poem to add to one of the memorial photos I took yesterday.

Thank you all for your kind words of support.

There is so much love on AW, it is a great place to be.

Cheers

Dawn