View Single Post
Old 23-11-2012, 10:12   #23
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Forgotten password

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
end of the day its there choice, i am just passing on info, and as stated if the power lead is left plugged in and switched off at the plug, it is safe and no need to wear anti static strap, its not something i wish to get into an arguement about.

i was simply trying to offer a solution to their problem, without causing any more harm to their system, would hate for someone to receive a shock or damage their equipment because of the advice i have given, but thats all it was advice

as for the work i too have worked on thousands of server rollouts throughout the country, and although you dont like it im still here!
End of the day you are passing on dangerous advice from one person that doesn't know, to another person that needs better advice than you are giving.

It should never be a matter of choice, safe working is paramount and should be the first consideration when advising anyone about anything.
That way you can avoid feeling hate or guilt from having given someone advice that may harm them.
As for what you have worked on, yes, you are still here, but if you don't adhere to basic electrical safety...
For how long?

I wish you no harm, please be careful out there, these things have a tendency to bite when you least expect it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote