View Single Post
Old 26-11-2012, 19:02   #1
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yes, I'm So Stupid I Need A Hand On A Stick.

Called in at ASDA, just for a few things, less than a tenner, so it would all fit in one bag.
Unfortunately I came out of the aisles at the bottom end where the tills are hardly ever open, I could see because the lights where only on at the top end I would have a long walk before being able to get served.
Out of nowhere appeared a smile on a stick, it was a forced smile, it had the look of, if you think you're ****ed off I've been doing this all afternoon.
Even though the lights where off she pointed the stick at every counter even though they were closed, until we finally found one with a live cashier, she pointed with real excitement, the cashier apologised, I'm sorry I'm just doing my last customer.
On I walked following my guide, three more tills each one apologised for going off duty.
I decided to head on alone, and speeded up, this stick person was a jinx!
She overtook me, still managing to point the stick, I put on a last quick spurt and reached a counter that was still serving, she caught up and pointed the finger at the convey-er belt.
I turned to her and said, 'do you know, I could have found this on my own, I'm not really stupid, perhaps it would have been easier for both of us if you'd opened a till down the other end?'
Oh dear, not only did she roll her eye's at my ingratitude but the lass beeping my beer shook every can as she passed it through, just to show solidarity. I will have to wait two days before I can next drink at home because of that.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web