View Single Post
Old 27-11-2012, 00:40   #6
Sunflower49

Re: Yes, I'm So Stupid I Need A Hand On A Stick.

I've seen these things in ASDA,big green 'hands' that the workers stand with and point at available tills. Some folk may have found it funny I suppose!
I was once with my friend in ASDA and bumped into another friend, and must have looked to be obviously conversing with her, when one of these 'Hands' appeared and the dude told me 'Till free over here, love'!
The friend I was shopping with said to me 'JEN!You're not allowed to talk to your friends in ASDA, you know'!!And 'hand' wielder walked off looking miffed.
I wouldn't care but we weren't in the way, blocking any aisles or anything, she'd had a baby since I last saw her and I found it rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Hehe the smiles on a stick. Dunno what job would be worse. That or wearing the mask and standing at the traffic lights.....

I was refused for Red Stag at the Asda a month or so ago. I was Ill, exhausted and pretty angry at the woman that thought I was not old enough to drink. The whiskey I wanted more for medicinal purposes. We debated.

Fair enough, It couldve been a compliment. After all she thought I did not look 25 I am 34 years old and being refused, I had prob 6 months of beard growth and well... I think most rational people would realize that I am old enough to drink, either that or I have an abnormal amount of testosterone.
It is a compliment, or more like-somebody being scared of getting sacked.I think 'SPAR' actually tried to make it 'Look 30 or be asked for I.D' at one point.
I like being asked for I.D now ..But ONLY if I've remembered to carry it!