View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 00:41   #33
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Oxford Match Thread.................

For me...the first goal was totally Toto's fault. Their lad nicked possession from right in front of where I was sat and easily brushed off Nsiala's attempts to get the ball back. Toto had an opportunity to lump the ball out of play before the situation was irretrievable but for some reason (probably known to the lad himself ) he chose not to???

As Leam said....we're a young side and learning. Mistakes are unfortunately teaching us the hard way at the moment. With a full season behind these lads, next season holds great promise ( for me at least ) IF we can keep the nucleus of the side together. Winning the replay may that goal help financially!!

The keeper had a decent game though I'm wondering how this emergency loan lark works (can we keep renewing for the next few weeks till the window re-opens in January???)

We certainly missed Atkinson's presence at the back. I did read on BBC teletext (a couple of days ago) that we are supposedly looking at making a move to sign him permanently in January??? Now he would be a good addition to the squad!

The tie is not dead, we've hopefully learned a bit from Saturday and they've lost two players to injuries and by the way Wilder was talking about them on teletext... they are key players. They've an extra game to play this midweek in the J.P.T. where they might pick up another few injuries and suspensions. And we've certainly played a lot better this season than we did on Saturday!

Add to that the incentive of a big game where the Blades will probably bring 2000 or so for a third round game at the Crown.....reason for hope.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote