View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 23:07   #20
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: The Better Early than start at half time Burton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm amazed that Beattie was even considered for today's game when there is an important game on Wednesday.

We dominated much of the game, especially playing against the wind in the first half. But that crucial final pass just never happened. I cannot agree with the criticism of Luke Joyce - he is at the centre of all play. Apart from an almost freak goal by Rachubka, Joyce was the only player to force a save from the Burton keeper.

The lack of strike power is a real worry. Murphy played as an extra striker in the last few minutes today. Is it time to try him there for at least an hour?
R.Red..'If you don't score you don't win !'...this obvious maxim from the late Sir Bobby Robson rings true tonight. We can talk tactics and posession until the cows come home, but unless Leam can unveil a method which will produce enough goals to beat or equal opposing teams OR someone who knows where the net is, then the end-product could well be disastrous...sorry if I appear to be slipping into my 'writing on the wall' mode again ..but like you I feel a worry coming on !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote