View Single Post
Old 16-12-2012, 19:27   #21
The Red Darreners

Re: Todays Attendance

Dont necessarily agree with this. The fantastic cup game with Oxford only drew 1196- neither Rovers or Burnley played that day - it was the derby the day after.
Someone on the large board of directors should have sussed this - these young players must be demotivated when they see the crowd as it was yesterday- theyhave to decide quickly - do you want a crowd or the sponds?Pre- Xmas, in a terrible recession.
Give free tickets away- workplaces, schools, colleges.EVERY WEEK. Sell these people pies. Have a staggered entry system- get people to sign up to a voucher scheme- free first match, fiver to the second eight quid to the third etc- they can duck out if they dont like.
As Darreners we come because we feel Stanley represents more in terms of the true values of English football, and stands like a beacon against the greed, hypocrisy and short-sightedness of the 'premiership' et al.The club should play much, much more on this in their marketing-and there should be many, many more posters et al around the town.

I don't mean this in any way nastily towards the residents of Accrington-but I am astonished that the town doesn't get behind the club to a much greater degree- you would be surprised how often people in Darwen comment positively when they see the missus and I sporting our Stanley scarves, shirts, hats etc. After 60 or 70 home games in the last three or four years you have to accept that yesterdays debacle was uncharacteristic - the product at the Crown is usually pretty good!!
ONE OF THESE DIRECTORS MUST HAVE SOME CREATIVE NOUS?
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote