Old 21-12-2012, 17:45   #42
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Wellington Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yes but did you ever lick toffee off the pipe in the back outside Stockley’s factory on Cotton Street. “Euuuggh” says the current Mrs P. It was a black vertical pipe running down the wall from the upper floor terminating at a screwed blanking plug just above head high and this brown unctuous stuff dripped from sometimes
Colin Rawnsley used to tell us it was pure toffee and Eric Bannister fell for it every time. I used to tell my sisters it was a toffee fountain. I suppose with the benefit of hindsight, it was where the molasses were piped into the factory but then again maybe it was a waste product discharge. Double Euuuuggs from Mrs P ....Tasted OK and although some on here would disagree it had no apparent long term effects. :-7
More confessions about Stockleys later, I just need to check if the statute of limitations can be invoked.
Would that be the Eric Bannister who is early 60s? n stands wi me up the Stanley.