View Single Post
Old 25-12-2012, 22:05   #37
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: It's a sad sign of the times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
When "Merry Christmas" becomes a bold declaration, when Canadian Treasury Board President, Tony Clement, feels that he has to inform federal civil servants that it is ok to celebrate Christmas and Chanukah, something has gone sadly wrong. Federal government employees can display Christmas cards in their offices, put up lights, put candles in miniature Menorahs, and otherwise express the spirit of the season ... Peace, Love, etc .... Clement explained in a newspaper article: "There are those who would like to snuff out the holiday spirit in the name of political correctness or expediency."

Guess what? As soon as his comments were made public all kinds of complaints hit the radio talk shows and social media ... and where did they come from? Non-Christians, non-Jews, along with a few atheists and wierdos, who believe the workplace should be secular These creeps believe that their religion is somehow being insulted and pushed aside by the Celebration of the birth of Christ. They seem to forget that Canada was founded on Judeo-Christian values. Charity and tolerance (and hockey) ... this is what makes this country such a great place to be. And the fact that it is a great place to be is why they came in the first place. They should also be celebrating Christmas, if not religiously, at least intellectually. They are blessed just by being in Canada. As this anti-Christion demographic grows, their attitudes have already frightened major retailers from even mentioning Christmas in their ads ... some folks are even afraid to call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree.

Ok, we all know whom I am talking about ... I'm not much of a Christian myself, but I would like to wish them: "Merry Christmas".
Just to highlight that its the PC brigade/minority jihadist who are at fault, and not the actual ordinary bloke in the street who believes in something different than a virgin giving birth or a bloke in a red suit that climbs down chimneys