View Single Post
Old 16-01-2013, 09:29   #5
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Urgent signings required / 23 points needed

Whilst I agree with most things you have said RR, I cannot agree with the statement about the goalkeeping situation. Paul Rachubka is 3rd choice at Leeds and would be putting himself in the shop window if he signed a 6 month deal with Stanley. Same with Cameron Belford. With regards to strikers, I would like to see Bohan Dixon up front as centre forward with Beattie and Boco playing just off him and supplying him the balls. Yes he is young, but when I saw him against Man Utd in the youth cup at Leyland, he looked a class above and could do a job for us.
Central midfield is a must area for me. we need a midfield general along the lines of Vidic and/or Ferdinand. I am not saying they are perfect, but you don't win so many titles with no generals. With regards to the defence, play the players where they are best suited, i.e. right sided players on the right and left sided on the left and not opposite way round.
In finishing, I agree with the final sentence of football19's statement. i.e. go with a system that suits the player not attempting to shoehorn them into a system

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote