View Single Post
Old 18-01-2013, 09:52   #121
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So what your saying basically that people who have an initiative to go out and make the best they can by their own ingenuity (within the law) they're wrong, its like saying Joe Stalin was Equal with every tom dick tovarish in the street. I had a mate left school at sixteen with few qualifications he started 3 jobs, stood the market during the day, sold portable burglar alarms at night then went behind a bar at a night club to finish of his 18 hour day, this same guy now has a chain of shops, drives a mercedes and has a big house in the Ribble Valley, no doubt people like this are despised by the likes of yourself or is it the green eyed yellow monster
Nope not saying that at all. I'm not talking about equality, I'm talking about value, worth and fairness.

Your mate deserves what he has, he's grafted, he is productive and is value for money. I have no problem with him earning more than his cleaner or him living in a castle, I am not a communist.

Who do you think deserves the better pay...the bloke who hits a ball with a stick and wears a hat with a tick on it, the banker that gets a six figure bonus for losing your pension fund or the bloke that helps you get around Accrington. Which one is the most value for money and the most productive? And most importantly do you think that the gap between their incomes is fair?