View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013, 08:29   #153
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
And we go full circle to the standard 13 years of labour rule argument.

If the rest of your post about GJ were true, which I don't think it is, why would it bother you so much...after all in your ethos its not about being paid your value and worth but getting what you can by any means as long as its legal, and you also forfeit the right to criticise Gordon Brown for non attendance or in fact any MP who makes a spurious expense claim as long as they don't break the law. You can't have it both ways
Well you must agree that in those 13 years they did little to change all those so called wrongs imposed by the Tories, so its obvious all those wrongs became rights and would have been undertake by Labour but never had the bottle. Everybody in the country knows we have a benefits system that's not fit for purpose, yet successive Governments have refused to change it because of the fear of backlash, but there is something wrong were people can get more money lying in bed on benefits than going out to work, I'm not saying that everything Cameron is doing is right far from it, he leaves a lot to be desired but if he can change this benefit culture which seems to be ingrained into our society we'll have at least one thing to thank him for

Your second point isn't worth an argument, when Blair stood down as Prime Minister, re also stood down from Parliament, to fallow another career, yet Brown is doing the same thing but getting paid by the tax payer, he is not representing the people who voted for him, (in local government if a councillor doesn't attend a meeting in, I think six months, he/she are disqualified from office, this should also apply to MPS

Last edited by jaysay; 20-01-2013 at 08:35.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote