View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 17:13   #18
Sunflower49

Re: Bad Drivers In Bad Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It's obviously a sensible thing to do but I'd no idea you were breaking the law if you didn't do it. An avalanche off the roof of the car in front onto your windscreen could make life difficult.

I'm always careful of BMW drivers whatever the weather, they seem to suffer from a collective madness. Has anyone else noticed that?
I didn't know it was against the law, either! None seems to have settled on my car. I'm mega soft and tend to warm my car up loads before I actually get in it.... And use a bucket-load of de-icer lol.

My Mother has a BMW-I know zilch about cars so couldn't tell you what kind other than it's got two doors, is quite 'flat' and is black. I drive it whenever we're together as she hates driving and I don't mind, so she asks me to-but, I don't like it!It reminds me of a dentist's chair the way it has weird nooks and crannies in the seat, and the gearstick's in a weird place. It freaks me out when it switches itself off when you stop, as well!
She probably fits the stereotype of BMW drivers I hate to say although I'm sure you don't, BG!
Back on topic-I drove to Bolton and back twice last weekend and the roads were okay. I was looking out for black ice but didn't have to be overly careful. The only thing that did cause me slight panic was people stopping very suddenly in front of me, happened at least twice, and everybody seems to lurk in the middle lane on the motorway for some reason?!Then again that's a normal occurrence I suppose.