View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013, 18:13   #33
Eric
God Member

Re: Black lead fireside range (please help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes I remember getting a walloping because I let ash blow over some newly washed sheets...though to be fair I don't quite know how I would have stopped it.

Another thing...were there arguments in your house over whose turn it was to go out and fill the coal bucket?
I remember dropping the key to the padlock of the coal place and being down on my hands and knees searching for it in the snow...I was blue with cold by the time I got the coal bucket back in the house.

And wasn't in an imbuggerance when the blooming fire went out.......all that palaver with the twisted paper, bits of sticks........and the shovel and a shet of paper up to make the fire 'draw'....reading the paper while it was drawing and watching it scorch
and go up in flames before you could do anything about it.
Ah the joys of solid fuel.
You were lucky to have the arguments ... I was an only child; so, it was my turn all the time But it was a ****** when the fire went out ... it was always my turn to beet it.

But we did have a proper blower ... luxury

It's a little chilly here right now ... we've reached the high for the day at -22 ... but I have a remote for the thermostat; so, I don't have to get off my skinny butt in order to change it. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the dog to bring me a beer
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote