View Single Post
Old 27-01-2013, 14:50   #52
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: someone best mention it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hmm..integrity...

Watched how all the labour councillors in minority used this board to bitch and whine when out of power, and ran for the hills when in power.

They posted in thread after thread about how the town centre, market hall, bus station, arndale had been ruined...yet not one single Labour councillor has attempted to justify the current state of affairs..not one!!!!

So you can only extrapolate the following...those Labour councillors that used to post are either cowards, liars, gagged or unable to construe a justifiable argument......or all of the above!
I'm going to correct you on that, Guinness. We have never slagged off the town centre, etc. and have gone on record saying how good the efforts were to restore the Market Hall, talking down the town doesn't help anyone, regardless of the administration.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking me for here. I've steered clear of Accyweb for quite some time purely because the answers I gave to questions once Labour got control of HBC stopped being believed. It's not a great use of my time finding answers for 30 or so regular posters who are convinced that all of a sudden I am part of some grand HBC conspiracy. I can only tell people what is actually happening, to address any group of residents with false hope or cure-all answers would be of no help to anyone.

I have said several times before that I am all in favour of an EU referendum provided that the Great British public are presented with a full set of impartial facts detailing the pros and cons. My gut feeling is that Mr Cameron is dangling the carrot of a referendum sometime within the next parliament if the Conservatives get control but that parliament lasts until 2020. Give us a specific year, Prime Minister?

UKIP's policies aren't exactly robust but they've certainly rattled the cages of the main parties.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote