View Single Post
Old 29-01-2013, 08:08   #48
Studio25

Re: Bad Drivers In Bad Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
...decided that instead of staying behind me where he was, it would be better to go into the middle lane and then overtake me! So I'm driving, trying to not skid , and all of a sudden there's a car right next to me, in the wrong lane, trying to get past.... What an IDIOT
When I was mentoring my stepdaughter before she passed her test, we were approaching the Dunk from the Clayton side and were stopped at the lights. She didn't stall, but she didn't exactly burn rubber when the lights changed, but the idiot behind us decided she wasn't moving fast enough and drove into that big bus layby to overtake us on the left.

This morning, I've experienced:
  1. someone ignoring a zebra crossing that I'd already stopped at (someone was about to cross)
  2. someone overtaking and having to dive back into our lane because of a traffic island
  3. the person being overtaken in #2 driving at 36-40 in a 50 zone, then continuing at the same speed when the limit dropped to 30
  4. two drivers 10 feet apart doing approx 45 in a 30 zone, going straight over a roundabout near a school
This is all in a 10-minute journey from Great Harwood to Rishton and back. I don't think that there are more idiots on the road during bad weather - they just upset you more because you've got less control than you're comfortable with.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote