View Single Post
Old 30-01-2013, 17:07   #113
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: someone best mention it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe it's time to start naming tools. Let's, for example, call a spade a spade. If the experience in GB is anything like ours, we are talking mainly of one group, one that shares certain religious beliefs Canadians originally from Italy, China, the Caribbean, Portugal, Korea etc., etc., quickly become Canadians ... oh, and Brits fit in too They still maintain cultural "ties": Chinese New Year is a big celebration, as is Caribana in TO. When the World Cup is on, or the Euros, the Portuguese support Portugal, Italian Canadians ... well, you get the picture. There are a few groups ... Tamils and some extreme Sikhs whose loyalties are "iffy"; but the muslims ... now that's a whole different thing. Not only do they want their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms, they want their own law; they want respect for customs and beliefs which go against the grain of what it means to be a Canadian ... Their "honour killings" come to mind, and a profound unwillingness to recognize over half the population as being fully human. And I believe it was Canadians from this group who were involved in the Algeria hostage taking incident.
Well its always been the same with me Eric, you want to live here in my country fine, no problem, but you except our way of life, our laws and regulations, and if your not prepared to do that, close the plane door quietly on the way out of Heathrow, end of story
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote