View Single Post
Old 31-01-2013, 22:37   #42
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Deadline day tomorrow.

Quietly chuffed with today's business, One area that really concerned me was centre half. With Hughes signing, i'm quietly confident he'll give us a lot more steel at the heart of defence.

I've seen him play a couple of times when i've ventured over to Gigg Lane a few times. He's a big lad, good in the air and solid in the tackle. Some folk on Bury's message board say he lacks pace, though from what I've seen of him, his attacking presence at set plays in the opposition box will give us a dimension which I think we've lacked for a while now.

As for the other lads signing today as others have said, we should have the defence tightened up for the run in.

If Tom Bender has been released, then the window closing won't make any difference to whoever signs him, being that he would be a free agent. Maybe worth a shout offering him a deal until the end of the season???

Just one final thought....I wonder if a certain ex-manager (recently relieved of his duties) had any input with the decision to sign Hughes ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote