View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 14:52   #71
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Do you use buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Over last 12 months I have worked hard (very hard for the doubters!) on a full proposal to re regulate buses (bus franchising) and to bring them into the 21st century. GPS, better bus stop info including simplified route maps, smart phone and better real time info. I hope I have done enough to persuade Lancashire's Labour Group ahead of Mays elections. Being a county councillor has been a huge advantage.

Financially there are savings with the BSOG and other expenditure which can be reallocated in lower fares or more of peak or less commercial routes.
BSOG is an acronym for????????
Not everyone uses a smart phone.
What would be the cost of fitting GPS units to every bus and the provision of a control room to utilise the information gathered from the GPS units and controllers to man the control rooms?
Whilst this system works extremely well in London, they need it for the number of buses throughout the London transport system. I just cannot see the financial benefits of going for such a high tech system in Hyndburn. Perhaps better for one company providing the bus system - oh yes we did used to have that sort of system.