View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 03:45   #1425
Eric
God Member

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
A drug is described as:
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

So while Caffeine is a drug, one I enjoy a lot in fresh coffee, I fail to see sugar as one. Even the highly refined stuff we have in our foods.

This doscussion has been going on for 95 pages now and we are still bickering, I have had enough, I will not post again on this topic.
Yeah, I think I've had enough too. But I'll take one last kick at the cat, just for the halibut. Certain drugs, the "soft" ones, will be decrimminalized. Just a question of the law catching up with what's going on. I've seen a lot of changes in my life. I remember when the good ol' boys in the pointy white hats was a'lynchin niggas in Mississippi. I remember when homosexuality was illegal. And I live in a time when the President of the United States of America is a black man, and the Premier of Ontario is an openly gay woman, legally married to her partner. So, some significant modifications to overly restrictive and outdated drug laws that are becoming way too expensive to police are inevitable.

I remember being at a party one time. I was looking at the album cover for Peter Tosh's "Legalize It". Buddy of mine, even more stoned than I was, looked at it and said something like, "Legalize it hell, subsidize it" Ok. Maybe that's going way too far The times they are a'changin', folks. Perhaps not in ways that we expected, or that we would have hoped for. But the barriers against responsible use, subject to law, of drugs for recreational purposes will come down like the Berlin wall. And tell me that wasn't a shocker to those of us who grew up in the Cold War era.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote