Thread: holy family
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2013, 10:01   #300
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: holy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Jaysay, about 5 years ago,we were in the Bull up New Lane and my brother introduced me to a Martin Almond. He was about 60'sh and if I remember correctly, had done quite well for himself. I thought he said that he had attended St. Mary's Blackburn. Think he lived quite near the Bull, I'll have to ask my brother. What I do remember is that he was a bit of a character!!!
Ya Know Martin well Sue, his father Bob Almond was metal work teacher at Holy Family from first intake back in 59, I worked with Martin at Barfitters in the early seventies, he was an electrician. Not sure what he did when he left Lancashire Barfitters, think he originally worked for Barry and Target Barfitters, who were all ex-barfitters men, A mate of mine, who now lives in Cyprus was over on holiday before Christmas, and he popped round to see me, hadn't seen him for 30 years and he told me he'd been talking to Martin only that day, so he's still about. Think Martin will be in his late fifties he's not as old as me and I'm sure he was an apprentice at Barfitters
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote