View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 10:08   #24
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Weasley ??..........GONE !!!

[QUOTE=jaysay;1042521]For what its worth I think his hearts in the right place, its not that long ago, he bumped into some PNE fans on the way home from a cancelled match and bought them all pizzas out of his own pocket, thought at the time it was a very nice gesture.

With these few touching words you have opened my eyes to a new dimension in Graham Westley's persona Jaysay !.
!...which in a way has made me feel a little mean for starting this thread intended to allow the Weasel's ( Sorry , Graham Westley's !) antagonists to have free rein in their ongoing vilifications of this much maligned Football Manager !.

I have to admit that reading of this boundless act of generosity on his part towards the hungry of this world caused a little tear to be brushed away and a resolution NEVER to say another rude word about Mr Weasley ( Sorry, Mr Westley !) in my posts on our Forum !.....

But then I re-read a quote harvested from another Forum some time ago...which went like this :-
.'
He also did one of his usual tricks in the form of a huge squad overhaul which was something he later said he regretted depsite the club finishing 7th and reaching the 4th round of the FA cup playing Arsenal. The game was held at Highbury despite Farnborough being drawn at home, an agreement was reached as it would see the club gain £600,000 in ticket sales, immediately after the windfall Westley left the club and removed his financial backing......i'm saying nothing'.....end of quote....

Nuff said ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote