View Single Post
Old 19-02-2013, 12:44   #7
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: I want to know ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Does anybody know who this gadgy is
I've no idea who he ( or possibly SHE ?) is either. However from his rather forthright posts I feel certain that he is not a 'gadgy' ( a north-eastern expression for a gypsy..or worse still their expression for 'a grumpy old gentleman who chases children' !)...
Or perhaps you choose to use the term as a shortened version of 'Gadget-whore'?..now there's a term to conjure with !!...roughly translated as :-

'A person who has an abundance of gadgets many of which create more of an inconvenience than convenience. This person will usually pay an exorbitant amount for a gadget/service to replace the burden of thinking about simple chores or using common sense.'.....not very likely in DAV's case I'll be bound !.
Or perhaps you might, without insulting DAV,feel able to enlighten us all with a definition of your own construction which might intellectually satisfy our readers ?.
Can I in passing remind you of the advice which you proffered to mein another thread ...
'
always using the yard stick if you can't say anything nice about a person better to keep your gob shut '.
Of course this doesn't mean that I agree with his blinkered opinions or that I don't join with Revived Red in his challenge made to 007 !.... The Reds are between a rock and a hard place and no mistake !!.... but a destruction of the status quo at this juncture would in MY opinion do little but harm the chances of Accrington Stanley remaining as a Football League Team..... A change in fortune and the run of the ball will !... ...I hope !!.

Last edited by yonmon; 19-02-2013 at 12:51.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote