View Single Post
Old 19-02-2013, 21:22   #98
Outback Ozzy
Senior Member+

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
ozzy,
Accrington is famous for its football club, nothing else.
You definitely need a history lesson. Oh and visit the most famous collection of glass just up Manchester Road near the junction of Granville Road. Howarth Art Gallery has been famous for having a collection of Tiffany glass for more years than I can remember. Then of course, the revamped Market Hall was voted as the best Victorian market hall only last year (I maybe slightly out on that one, but someone will put me right). And how can I forget the Accrington Pals! Accrington Stanley FC is famous as one of the first (if not the first) to go bust during a season in 1963, the milk advert and getting promotion back to the Football League. Please don't insult persons who have lived in the town for years and some who have left the town. I like some on here went on the terraces at Peel Park, did you? Lest we forget those dark days. Yes the supporters have had ups and downs, that is the nature of football. If we get relegated, then so be it, if we stay up then great. But please, stop slagging off the manager and support him and the team. P.S. I am not an ostrich, just a realist.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!