View Single Post
Old 19-02-2013, 22:37   #105
Jeg Red

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Come Saturdays, any noise from me will be in support of the team. I think it's wrong to boo the team and/or manager on match days as it's difficult enough as it is without that added pressure. If I'm dissatisfied on match days , I don't say anything. That is the way I choose to support the team.

However, I'll repeat my view that Leam is not up to the job at this stage of his career and the club took the cheap option in appointing him, and I'm afraid that through either stubborn loyalty or being unable to afford to release him from his managerial duties, retaining him as manager is increasing our chances of being relegated and if that happens, I think it will be a very long road back, and whilst saving money in the short term, the appointment may cost us dear.

If we do find ourselves relegated and Leam is our manager, lets not make him the scapegoat as in that scenario, the board will have demonstrated little in the way of leadership.

From the remaining fixtures, I can only see us picking up 12 points unless we have a dramatic improvement in form or luck or both. It feels like we need to be marooned at the bottom of the league before the majority realise what a dogfight we're in and are objective about our ability and chances of getting out of it. We're it not for a late Akinfenwa goal, we'd have been in the bottom two tonight and playing catch up.

I'll support my team and my club through thick and thin, however that won't stop me having an opinion on what I think is best for our club.