Thread: Voodoo Hoodoo
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2013, 19:12   #7
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Voodoo Hoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It's impossible to find a thread that isn't turning into a dog fight between the pro/anti Leam camps, and I don't wish this to do the same.
But, given that the topic of the day (and the next two months) is Stanley's survival as a league club, has anyone else noticed that the last game, at home, is against....Oxford United ?

Who entered the league when Stanley resigned?
Who went out of the league when Stanley returned?

Just what kind of fixture ju-ju has brought about this ominous event?

Curiously enough Exile...and with Oxford United in mind,
It crossed my mind at the time, and has been kept there by the countless posts attempting to pin-point just where the Reds started their 'fall from grace' !!...that at the moment when Oxford United scored their third and equalizing goal in the FA cup to secure a replay, then not only did this knock the stuffing out of the team at that time...but they never really recovered much of the composure they had shown previously to that game.
That last-minute goal was, as faces and drooping spirits
betrayed. so traumatic for the players,and totally destroyed their chances of a Cup run !....so I ask if this actually was the first straw that, along with many others, has placed the heavy burden of League survival on our team ??...is OXFORD UNITED a synonym for Nemesis ??.........we'll see !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote