View Single Post
Old 23-02-2013, 17:19   #19
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Towm Match Thread

Thought it was a much improved performance today,and was nice to put a face to Val and Redraine.We really should have won having 19 shots(9 on target) and Gray and Murph will only know how they didn't score.
The penalty was a joke,the lad knocked it too far and went looking for Hughes leg,clever,but still cheating.
The second came from Hughes conceding a needless free kick,but for me the keeper was at fault not coming,indeed,I am on the fence about him as I've yet to see him dominating or making saves and his kicking is average at best.
The stats say they had two shots on target,and against a quality team,it shows how well they played.
Talking to Val about combinations,thought Wilson and lids did well and the CBs,who were up against two good lads.
There were plenty of positives,and chances created,just a little concerned with 4-4-2 as in the second half,they made subs,packed the midfield to stop getting overun(took there wide men off) an got back in the game,but Bocco stayed out wide and pushed on,very positive,but a tad suicidal!!!
Made for a exciting game.
I did tell Val Beattie would step it up today and I predicted 2-2,should have gone the bookies
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote