View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05   #33
Tesco Rambler
I am Banned

Smile Re: stoopid stoopid stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so you go to the town hall and sit at the window talking to an advisor for 20 mins while you fill in the forms you require

you are then handed back your documents and told to put them in an orange envolope and take it outside the building and put it in the mail box so it can be collected at the end of day by someone upstairs

why cant the muppet keep hold of the documents and take them upstairs?

i know there are cuts but is leg power that expensive ?

Also if asked for proof of ID the council now expect you to mail in your passport or driving licence or drop it off in the mail box outside the building so they can scan it and send it back to you by mail.

Has the world become so complacant that people are willing to leave documents that are basically your identity in the hands of a muppet with a scanner and the shambles known as royal mail ?

i never let vital documents out of my sight and i cetrainly wouldnt expect to be parted from them for up to a week.God knows what could happen to them and they arnt cheap to replace either
Totally agree with you. This kind of thing seems designed to drive a bloke mad. I really hate it when they ring you up stating your name and you respond normally as you do on the phone, one human being to another, when they suddenly have the cheek to ask you three questions to prove you are the person they rang in the first place.
My identity is so undesirable that I wish someone would nick it, debts 'n all.
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote