Thread: Torquay thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 18:27   #32
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Re: Torquay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
My moan today is our front twos movement(or lack of it),if the ball player looks up,the strikers movement dictates the pass.
They challenged for the same ball on numerous occasions,Beattie just doesn't want to run beyond the challenge,simple as.
My other moan is the keeper,kicking poor,struggles to catch and won't come,all the back four were onto him on a number of occasions.
Positives,another clean sheet,Aldred and Deans performance against two/three good forwards.
Nicky Hunt solid and reliable and Bocco was excellent despite carrying a pull.
If we had a player like Howe,I would play Bocco off him all day long.
For those having a pop at Murph,I would love to see them play 5v2 in a 30m square,not easy,and a clean sheet suggests he did what was asked of him
Nothing wrong with Gray's movement! He makes Beattie look like a statue. I don't think we can carry our ex England striker through most games on the off chance he might find himself with a free shot at goal. It's not enough to justify a start IMO, and surely we would be better off giving Carver a chance to put himself about from the start, with James on the subs bench? As for Murph, if, as you say, he did what was asked of him he is obviously not being asked the right questions. I appreciate that he is a battler, but is it too much to ask for less wastefulness in possession from a midfielder?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote