Thread: Torquay thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32   #41
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Torquay thread

Just watched the Football League Show that I recorded last night.
THE WILL HATFIELD GOAL WAS CLEARLY ONSIDE AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DISALLOWED!!!.
I was stood with my usual group in the Clayton End and even from centrally behind the goal we could not believe that he had been given offside! Having watched it on TV it is easy to see that as Hatfield comes into view the ball has left Rommy's foot by several yards and Hatfield is level with his marker just outside the penaltry box but the central defender, number 15, is a yard and a half inside the box, thus clearly Hatfield was ONSIDE. Add to this the clear penalty which we were denied earlier and we can consider that we were [COLOR=red]WELL AND TRULY ROBBED BY REFEREEING INCOMPETENCE!!COLO R]
Having said that we didn't play all that well and we really failed to put together any decent passages of fluid football. Torquay were pretty innefective for all their possesion and their shots at goal were awful. I agree that Lingazi must start as he has much more physical presence and skill in midfield that we have lacked all season. Boco and Aldred were our best two players IMHO.
[COLOR=purple][B]REFEREES AND ASSISTANTS..."YOU WERE WRONG ...WE WERE ROBBED!!!":COLOR]
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2 - 0 TO US AND THREE POINTS!!!
It is difficult to accept somebody saying that the referees can make errors just like anybody can when our lifeblood as a Football League club is being sucked out of us by sheer incompetence like this!!COLO R=red][B]COME ON STANLEY...KEEP THE FAITH...IF WE HAVE TO BEAT A "TEAM OF 13" THEN WE WILL!!!:

Last edited by choirboy; 03-03-2013 at 07:35.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote