Thread: Fake shops
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 22:00   #112
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Fake shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I'm sorry but you had one very minor spat with one member who was intent on flogging a particularly dead horse....it would have been easy enough to stop responding and move on to other discussions, instead of taking your ball home and drawing the curtains for six months.

Coming on here and arguing the toss when not in power is easy, staying around and fighting your corner when you are in power and therefore accountable is much more gutsy...

Regardless of where I live , I maintain the right to disagree and question what I consider to be trivial and/or pointless council spending of my hard earned wampum.
Yes, and despite finding answers for various members of this forum I suddenly found myself turned on by a great number of them as soon as I became part of the ruling group. Flogging a dead horse has never been one of my strong points, particularly when it has been pulling the bandwagon that quite a few people jumped on.

With regard to questioning Council spending, I would maintain your right to do so as well but would hope and pray that you do at least cast your vote each year, regardless of colour. I meet an awful lot of people who have very strong criticisms of the Council but never actually bother to vote.

I'm all for measured arguments too but the danger of the Internet is that there is a lot of bravado behind the safety of a keyboard and many debates descend into slagging off the Council for the sake of it. I have had hundreds of bravura comments online but can count on one hand the number of abusive debates I've had in the real world regarding the Council. Everything usually boils down to the fact that my answers don't match the ones in their head so it's fair game to mark out the politician as a liar.

Most people are nothing like that in person, thankfully.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote